Monday 10th February sees the start of two weeks of dragon-related events and activities as the Norwich Dragon Festival returns to our fine city for the third time, running until Sunday 23rd February. From its debut outing in 2009 to a successful return in 2011, the festival- organised by Norwich’s Heritage Economic and Regeneration Trust (HEART)- celebrates the mythical creature whose close ties with the city have existed since the Middle Ages.
A full programme of events can be viewed here on the official festival website- there’s lots to see and do, so definitely take a look and plan what kind of fun you could get up to (especially over half term!) In the mean time, we’ve put together a list of dragon-themed books inspired by the creature who has a significant role in our city’s heritage!
– Tell Me a Dragon by Jackie Morris (9781845075347)
– Eragon by Christopher Paolini (9781405661911)
– Icefire by Chris d’Lacey (9781843621348)
– Dragon Keeper by Carole Wilkinson (9780330441094)
– Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke (9781904442486)
– The Lambton Curse by Malachy Doyle (9781842997574)
– Fangs’n’Fire: 10 Dramatic Dragon Tales by Chris Mould (9780340944769)
– The Dragon Machine by Helen Ward (9781840115949)
– George and the Dragon by Chris Wormell (9780099417668)
– Again! By Emily Gravett (9780230745360)
– Dragon Stew by Steve Smallman & Lee Wildish (9781848950993)